[OM] Re: Parcelforce is The Company from Hell... Are there any alternati

Subject: [OM] Re: Parcelforce is The Company from Hell... Are there any alternatives?
From: "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 14:46:40 +0000
Thank you Piers.
This was quite enlighting!

Now for anyone who would like to read my general and specific
complaints against Parcelforce, here's part of my letter that I'm
sending to agencies of customer support:

(1)
The general issue is that I am tired to pay excessive and expoitative
''clearance fees'', on top of customs charges, everytime I receive a
parcel from abroad.

I consider as an unjustifiable policy to penalise (and expoit)
customers by adding such a high and fixed 'clearance fee' , that is £8
or £13, every time Parcelforce pays in advance the custom charges for
you. For example, I just received a parcel from US, the customs were
£10, but I had to pay £8 extra to Parcelforce because few days earlier
they did pay the customs to the Customs Office on my behalf.... It
seems they have constructed everything in order to find an easy excuse
to get a huge free income on the expense of people.

(2)
I also have a specific complaint against Parcelforce's service.
Recently (details on request) I called two times my local Leeds Depot
and spoke in the phone with a female employee of the company, in order
to pay charges and have a parcel delivered. However, her service,
attitude and actions were insulting and damaging to me.

First, when I expressed my dissatisfaction for the disproportionate
and high amount of clearance fee and requested a phone number to
officially raise my concerns, the Parcelforce employee became very
argumentative and patronising, ignoring the fact that as a customer I
have the right to my own opinion and criticism about the company's
service and policy. She furthermore delayed to pass the appropriate
number for complaints. Instead she cared to convince me that the
company is 'right'.

Second: during the process of paying my charges, and when the
Parcelforce employee seemed to enter wrongly the details of my card,
(so that the transaction failed) she again became patronising towards
me, and arbitrarily stopped the transaction. In detail, when I asked
her to repeat the process because my card shouldn't fail, she realised
that by mistake she entered my card as 'visa', although I never said
'visa'. Then she tried to convince me that I did say 'Visa' and
finally hang up the phone on me (!!), instead of completing the
transaction with the accurate details this time!

Third: When I called again few minutes later, she refused to give me her name.

Fourth: She also refused to offer any service to me and hang up the
phone again. This of course has resulted to further delays in
receiving my parcel.

Christos