[OM] OT software question

Subject: [OM] OT software question
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 15:29:37 -0800
I'm going to order a 10,000rpm hard drive. Hope to speed things up a bit.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822136033
I'm wondering how best to set it up. I assume that I should make it my
bootable drive. The old C:\ drive will be reformatted as a non bootable
drive and used for backup and storage purposes. Is this the right way to
go? Should I set aside some room for scratch disks or cache on this
drive too? Please recommend software to accomplish this without having
to reinstall everything. I see mixed reviews on Norton Ghost.

Mike