[OM] Re: Photos with 5MP?

Subject: [OM] Re: Photos with 5MP?
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:58:42 +1100
> Skip Williams wrote:
> Back to photography with 5MP.  My trusty E-1 is busy cranking out
> portraits like this one withe the 50-200, my favorite lens.
> http://www.skipwilliams.smugmug.com/gallery/2150186/1/111490553
> P.S., shameless plug, the two girls are my daughters.

They're very pretty daughters, who look like they have experience
in striking a pose for their annoying-photographer-Dad. :-D

Speaking of "striking", this one is quite a treat:

http://www.skipwilliams.smugmug.com/gallery/2150186/1/111490586

I like its seriousness, if only because I see it as a seriousness
overlaying childish and canine jocularity (I'm *sure* I can see
that underneath. Maybe the other photos help :) ). I'd probably
like a tighter (portrait) crop, and not to be able to see the hand
possibly restraining that great dog, but those personal criticisms
are minor and easy for me to put aside against the content. I'd
probably not hang it in the house as a family shot (I accept that
happy photos are usually the norm' there, if not always my own
personal choice) but I still like it.

I'll refrain from commenting on what are, apparently, ugg boots
they are wearing. ;-)

They're an enjoyable group of photos, Skip. Your daughters
appear to actually *want* to be there.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz