[OM] Re: I received my free Kodak film

Subject: [OM] Re: I received my free Kodak film
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 21:20:20 +0000
Damn I missed it too :(
Oh well. I treated my A1 today. My friend, who's a market trader of film
SLRs has sold the Canon lenses with an AE1 :( But I did pick up a nice clean
good w/o Cosina 28mm WA macro for it c/w its leather case. So I can now
shoot using 28mm or 200mm. I'll buy a fistful of lenses for it next year. I
was looking at a Fuji S5600 (S5200 in the USA) Fuji digicam today - it's on
sale, brand new, for under £200! If my Canon 300D doesn't materialise I
think I'll get one of them - at that price, I feel it'd be a good
introduction to digital photography and suffice for a backup camera later
and will do while I save up for a Nikon D40 (or a D50 as I expect some D50
bargains may be had shortly once the D40 starts getting stocked!). I was
half-tempted to put in a pre-order for a D40 but decided to exercise
caution. In the camera shop there was also a rather nice 4.5" reflector on a
'motorised' equatorial mount which my OM T-mount astro-adaptor would fit
rather nicely! And it's only £200! But I'll be good and wait until next year
for that little goody :)
I wish the camera shop in the other city would hurry up and get my Canon
300D in! I'm not a very patient chappy this time of year and got a bit of
cash to spend lol
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters