[OM] Oh, my gosh and I was thankful anyway . . .

Subject: [OM] Oh, my gosh and I was thankful anyway . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:45:45 EST
Call it what you may, and I am pretty grateful/thankful for all I've been
blessed with in life.

Before going into work this morning, I went to town to pick up some prints  I
had drying at the Museum of Fine Art's, Glassell School.  On my way pack,  I
stopped at the Camera Exchange to pick up a couple of rolls of Ilford 120 HP5
and package of Ilford MGIV fiber paper.

When I got to work, I had a message to call a fellow at the Texas
Photographic Society.  I thought, hey, that is great because I was having  some
trouble
getting into the area of the site reserved for members and I happen  to be a
new member and would like to have access.  Figured he was calling  to walk me
through the process.  Great service from TPS.  I'm  excited.

Well, that wasn't it.  My TPS guy wished me a good morning and said he  was
in charge of the raffle at the annual convention last month and that he had
been a little late informing folks who had won stuff in the raffle.  Well,
that
was cool because I must have won something and he was calling to tell me
about it.  BINGO!  I won the top prize.  How cool was that?   The prize?  30
rolls of Ilford 35mm film, 30 rolls of Ilford 120 film, 100  sheets of 11X14
fiber
paper, 100 sheets of 16X20 fiber paper, 8 bottles of  Harmon Cooltone Paper
deveolper and the same of their warmtone developer.   Makes my little purchase
of two rolls of film and a 25 sheet package of 8X10  paper look pretty little.
 I'm pumped.  This is beyond cool.   Don't guess I'll be buying any film or
big paper for awhile.  The search  that is currently at the top of my eBay list
is for some particular enlarging  equipment as I'm planning on putting a wet
dark room in the retirement home we  plan to start building next year.

So the TPS guy congratulates me and asks me how many raffle tickets I had
bought.  A strange question I thought, and I told him I had bought the 35
chances for$100 package which was one of the choices.  He said that  was good,
because I had also won the Santa Fe Workshops prize of a $895 tuition  credit
for
one of their workshops.  This was something I had always  wanted to do, but
just hadn't done.  I've done a few with Rocky  Mountain School and had looked
at
Santa Fe's, but just never pulled the  trigger.  Guess that is about to
change.

Don't know that there is any life lesson in this little story.  I do  believe
in the law of circulation and always have supported groups and  organizations
in which I had an interest and whom I felt were making a  difference
somewhere in the world.  These folks are and this good fortune  is coming my
way
because I was willing to support what they are  doing.

Yes, as I give thanks tomorrow and share the free turkey the super  market
gave me with family, friends and friends of our daughter , I will  also be
anxiously awaiting the arrival of my free Kodak  film.   Life is good!  <{8^)
Bill
Barber

PS - After getting the news of the TPS raffle I did go buy a lottery ticket
for tonight's draw.  Hey, if the stars are aligned properly . . .  .