[OM] iMac for Workflow

Subject: [OM] iMac for Workflow
From: "Bob Whitmire" <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 14:16:42 -0500
It's not my intent to get a Mac v. PC argument going here, but I'd be less
than honest if I didn't admit that I've been thinking for quite a while
about switching platforms from PC to Mac.

Was just perusing the new 24" iMac. It seems to have sufficient firepower to
handle photoshop and a robust workflow. I've always hesitated to go Mac
because of the cost involved not so much in the hardware, but in switching
over all the software.

Now I learn that Adobe will sell Mac versions of PS to folks making the
switch for little more than the cost of the medium to send it on. I don't
know if this is true, but Shutterbug reported it, so . . . <g> I'm also
thinking about using the new computer, whatever it is, for photo work only,
keeping the old box to do everything else with. That, too, would make it
easier to port Platforms if I could keep using my Windows system until the
Mac system was running as I like it.

Anyone out there using a 24" iMac these days? Anything to saw about it?

The models Apple is selling now have Intel Inside.

--Bob