[OM] Olympus Pen EE questions

Subject: [OM] Olympus Pen EE questions
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 13:28:35 EST
Just a couple of questions:

1) Does anyone have a manual they would like to send to a new home or
perhaps scan/copy for a dues paying member of ZA?  I would naturally be
willing to
send a little folding green your way, reciprocate in kind with  something from
my references or perhaps swap something Olympus for it.  No,  AG, not the DZ
7-14mm!

2) My camera, which has an EL (easy load, I think) badge on the front, has
only one moving setting on the lens.  It appears to either adjust the film
speed or the aperture and that has me a bit puzzled.  This thing has a CDS
meter
which needs no batteries.  There are click stops for ASA, but none  for the
apertures.  Assuming I set the aperture to achieve the depth of  field I want,
then how does the camera know what my the correct ASA is for the  film.  "How
do it know?" questions about machinery have always intrigued  me.  Take the
Thermos for example . . . it keeps the hot things hot and the  cold things
cold.
  This camera is old, but not as old as me and I  don't see that either of us
is young enough to figure out such a sophisticated  calculation. This is
especially true given that we are both from a pre-computer  era.

That is all this inquiring mind has for the moment.   <pen{8^)head  Bill
Barber