[OM] Re: chips on rear lens lement of Z 21/3.5

Subject: [OM] Re: chips on rear lens lement of Z 21/3.5
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 16:09:31 +1300
Hello all,

Finally I have some prints back that were made with this damaged lens.

http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/photography/zuikoholics/recent5.htm

The results are inconclusive, to say the least.

At first look at the 5 × 7.5 inch prints I thought there was absolutely no
effect. Then a more leisurely examination showed two overlapping hexagonal
darker patches on some but not all prints. Then I noticed the same kind of
patch on prints made with the Zuiko 35-105, which has NO damage at all. I
have uploaded one of the latter.

What is going on here. I've never noticed this kind of artefact in my prints
before.  The jury is still out on this one.

An experienced photographer who is behind the counter in the photo lab said
he wouldn't have expected anything to show from the chips in the lens.

By way on contrast I show pictures of a mangled Zuiko 24mm shift lens that
attracted a lot of attention from this group when it was offered for sale on
the
bay  (Sydney source) about 4 years ago. I think Tom Trottier bought it. I
saved one image supposed to have been made using it by the seller, but
another much larger one I don't seem to have any more.

Neither image showed any discernible evidence of having been made with a
glass-damaged (front element) lens.

Brian