[OM] Re: Another scanner question

Subject: [OM] Re: Another scanner question
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:03:53 +0100
Le vendredi 10 Novembre 2006 16:34, Chuck Norcutt a écrit :
> I'd look elsewhere first.  I'd be very surprised if the scanner needed a
> terminator.  I think you can go spend some money on a termination block
> and not fix anything.

Normally, there's no external terminator needed because most scanners are self
terminated with a switch. But the switch can be flimsy and might have flipped
in the moving process. I agree with Mike on the voodoo of scsi : I had some
disks attached to a sparcstation that were doing fine for years turning
berzerks when I hooked them up to a newer station : they had been humming for
all this time without a termination. Go figure. Maybe his scanner was never
set up correctly.

--
Manuel Viet