[OM] In praise of Olympus . . .

Subject: [OM] In praise of Olympus . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 20:37:41 EST
Well, those who know me, know that I'll use just about anything that has a
place for film in the back and a way for light to get through the front.   Yes,
I also feel the same way about things that have a digital sensor rather  than
film.  My preference is for things Olympus.  Heck, you know that  is why some
folks drive Ford trucks and others Chevrolet.  Why some folks  like classic
Coke and others drink Pepsi.  I just like Olympus, even though  I do have a few
other makes of cameras.

A very recent acquisition was an Olympus Chrome Six, a folder that uses 120
film and produces a 2 1/4 negative/positive, depending on the film you are
using.  Today was the first time I printed anything from this 50+ year old
Olympus camera.  This is a viewfinder camera with a guesstimate scale for
focusing.  The results were crisp, sharp, in focus . . . I was blown away,  but
then
I guess I shouldn't have been given that is the quality I've come to  expect
from Olympus/Zuiko optics.

I had a great day in the darkroom and hope that each of you enjoyed your
where ever it was spent.  The TOPE image was on my list of things to print,
however I never got out of the Chrome Six negatives. It is an OM  image.
Maybe
on Monday.  <{8^)  Bill  Barber