[OM] Re: More Antiquities (pt V... I think)

Subject: [OM] Re: More Antiquities (pt V... I think)
From: "Martyn Smoothy" <mds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 01:44:48 -0000
Chuck,

Generally yes - many of the more grandiose buildings would have been faced
with marble (long since robbed & reused) with plaster work (usually
elaborately painted) on many of the rest. Although some of the brickwork
does seem to be quite decorative so presumably some of it was intended to be
seen. I've also got a couple of rolls of colour slides of the site - will
post a few when I get a chance.

Thanks for the interest.

Martyn Smoothy