[OM] Re: Dpreview posts E-400 sample images gallery

Subject: [OM] Re: Dpreview posts E-400 sample images gallery
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 20:03:09 -0500
That's very good then.  I did actually look at two of the small size
food shots and didn't notice that they were shot at 800.  There was no
noise jumping out at me.  I can see it now in the full size image and it
looks better than I would have expected.  The noise in this image:
<http://img2.dpreview.com/gallery/olympuse400_samples/originals/pa200260.jpg>
seems to have a creamy, film grain like quality.  Even the black parts
of the image (whatever they are) are not screaming "noise".

I'll still take my 5D but I don't think the E-1 could do this well at 800.

Chuck Norcutt