[OM] Re: Oregon trip

Subject: [OM] Re: Oregon trip
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 20:02:25 -0700

>Did you find time for Carter Lake or any of the other volcanic features?

We only had a week and have learned to keep it simple so tried to
concentrate on only Lake county this trip.  The land is mostly of
volcanic origin and/or influence so yes, we saw lots of volcanic
features :) Lake Co is directly downwind of Crater Lake so while we
didn't see the lake itself we saw plenty of the remains of Mt Mazama
along with many other more recent eruptions.

>...is that Summer Lake, or Lake Albert? I'd like to see more
>detail in the foreground, it seems a little dark, but a wonderful image non
>the less. By any chance did you go anywhere near Plush? Oregon Sunstone, the
>official state gemstone is found there.

That is Lake A-bert, no 'L' in Abert as the locals were quick to correct
me. First mapped by John C. Fremont  December 20, 1843. And I agree, too
dark in the foreground but I haven't had time to mooserize it yet. Or is
that mooseify? The posted images are just the $3 Costco scan with PS
Elements 3 Auto Quick Fix.
Yes, we did make it to Plush and on up to the Hart Mtn Antelope Refuge
where we soaked in the hot springs in a blizzard but needless to say
didn't stick around to camp as we had intended. We stayed two nights on
Summer Lake in a very comfortable cabin instead. Highly recommended!
Didn't get out to the Sunstone dig area and want to go back in better
weather. There are also lots of petroglyphs around Plush.

A couple more shots. Again quick scan, Auto Fix which pushes the color a
little over the top.

http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/E%20OR/13.jpg

Same rock house but desaturated.
http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/E%20OR/15.jpg