[OM] (Was: sad news) Thank you & U R Invited

Subject: [OM] (Was: sad news) Thank you & U R Invited
From: "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 12:58:42 +0100

On 23/10/06, Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> It happened to me about 3 years ago, fortunately the
>> insurance covered the loss and enabled me to rationalise my collection.

Thank you all people here for your comforting comments and even offrers. I'd
like to send this to the whole list that you've been fantastic.

I  understand what Bian says about 'put off photography'.. I admit being
totally demoralised right now.. was smoking cigarettes in front of my
monitor screen and walking nervously until early hours.. This morning went
to ask for insurance and took with me in a bag my main body and lens (an OM4
& 28/2)... Now we gonna be kind of glued with each other...

As I said to Brian, funny how things come around.. Lately I have been
investing heavily in OM equipment and far more than I could afford (both for
hobby and for supporting my forthcoming photo studies) and now what, just
loads of credit money thrown away or a  forced ratonalisation?.. I also lost
stuff bought for the use of the student (Leeds Uni) photosociety which I'm
runing the last two years... It's all just plainly unfair in this case.. And
the OM has been deep in my heart, no simply for making beautiful pictures or
its collective value, but also I can personally use their small & light
camera and lenses just with one hand. They balance on top of my left
prosthetic hand perfectly!

Not to mention, that  now I worry that I might be 'visited' for the rest...
(Hmm.. maybe I should concentrate in owning barely the essentials)

Precautions seem the essential next step. By the way, the policeman told me
that even if I was insured I might have faced difficulties in my claim
because things are not locked. That, if correct, rather means  I should buy
an insurance and a locking cabinet, on top of replacing my om4 backup
body..  Any good recommendatrions on any of those? :)

But yes, as Brian says, I shouldn't put off photography, just go out and
'click' again. Life changes continuously. I only wish, pardon my immaturity,
that wont need to think again about thieves, costs, debts... No more stress
please!!

By the way, if any of you is in UK (or you want to fly here) my photosoc
goes to Lake District this coming weekend. You are all invited if you can
make it to Leeds or near here next Friday.

Thanks for reading all this.
Christos
..