[OM] Re: Home from Canada Trip

Subject: [OM] Re: Home from Canada Trip
From: "Michael Wong" <mialop.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:02:55 +0800
Hi, Jonny,
Your pictures make me wish to take a trip to Canada. Nice pictures.

--
Michael

jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi folks,

Just returned from a ~three week driving tour in the Maritime Provinces of
Canada.  The weather was mostly nice, the scenery beautiful, the food
excellent, and the people were among the friendliest I've ever met.  Our timing
meant that the tourist season was over so things weren't crowded at all (except
at Peggy's Cove.

One of the prettiest places we visited was the village of Blue Rocks where
fishing huts are built out from shore on the exposed rocks.
http://home.alltel.net/jjohnso4/20060928-0004.jpg

In some areas it seemed that around almost every bend in the road was a cove
with a colorful fishing village similar to this one:
http://home.alltel.net/jjohnso4/20060928-0021.jpg

Also, everywhere you look are boats next to people's houses; big boats, small
boats, new boats, old boats and some complete with bullet holes:
http://home.alltel.net/jjohnso4/20061004-0005.jpg

The fire hydrants in the city of Stellarton have been painted to look like
cartoon characters.  We enjoyed riding around town looking at them.
http://home.alltel.net/jjohnso4/20061003-0012.jpg

The elm trees in the city of Truro are dying, or have died, from Dutch elm
disease.  In 1999 local artists started carving sculptures from the dead trees.
 Now there are ~30 of these carvings in the downtown area.
http://home.alltel.net/jjohnso4/20061008-0010.jpg

The real attraction to me though was the beautiful scenery that included the
rugged coastlines of Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia and the farm lands of
Prince Edward Island. All-in-all it was a great trip that I'd recommend to
anyone.

Later,
Johnny