[OM] Re: WTB OM-4

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB OM-4
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:03:08 -0400
IMO the only test you need to eliminate an old body is the 30 second
battery check.  THEN you should test that all major functions are
working.  Does manual hold the shutter open when set to 1 second?  Fire
shutter on auto with cap on, shutter should stay open then close as cap
is taken off. Test spot, hilight, shadow, memory, clear functions.  Is
LCD contrasty or faded?  When lens is taken off / put on, camera should
beep (unless beeper is turned off).  There are lots of other things to
test, but this is a good starting point.  Obviously tougher if you can't
do hand inspection.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net