[OM] Re: An experience of film convert to JPEG

Subject: [OM] Re: An experience of film convert to JPEG
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 07:01:30 -0400
The surprise to me is not that the two new films need sharpening but
that the other films do not.  I suspect that all of your pictures can be
improved with sharpening just after they are resized for printing.

Since you think your original TIFF files look OK the problem can not be
with the film or the scanning.  It can only be in the JPEG conversion.
I would double check the parameters used for conversion.  I remember
once setting the quality level very low to make a very small file.  Then
I forgot the setting but the conversion software did not forget.  I did
not notice until checking the images later.

Chuck Norcutt