[OM] Re: Digital lenses WAS: Re: E-500

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital lenses WAS: Re: E-500
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 13:35:08 -0700
ScottGee1 wrote:
> That's why we voted to allow you to return!  ;o)
>
> An Tamron adapter for EOS?  Rara avis, that.  I've had two.  Sold one
> in a moment of weakness and had to buy a lens that included one to get
> the one I have now.  Sold the lens separately.
>
> If memory serves, it might be easier to get an M42 adapter for the
> lens and the camera.

That is indeed the case, much cheaper, as well. but you need to be sure
to get the M42=>EOS adapter with a little inner ring at the back that
pushes in the Adaptall aperture actuation pin. Otherwise, there is
simply no way to stop the lens down. Also, at least in the case of the
particular M42=>EOS adapter I have and the 300D, you need to put tape on
the back of the adapter to prevent shorting out some contacts in the camera.

As Chuck says, an OM Adaptall and OM=>EOS adapter is a better choice for
those of us with OM adaptalls already around the place. All my Tamrons
have OM adaptalls on them more or less permanently.

Moose