[OM] Re: Digital lenses WAS: Re: E-500

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital lenses WAS: Re: E-500
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 20:53:53 -0700
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> I never thought I would say it, but AF is wonderful. Most of the time.

It can make mistakes compared to careful MF with complex subjects with
lots of distances. It can also focus in light where MF is no good and in
situations where MF is too slow. On balance, for most of what I shoot,
it's a plus for me. With closeup and macro, it's tough to use it to set
the plane of focus for the desired DOF. There, I go with MF. With
close-in portraits, too, but I don't do much of that.

Moose