[OM] Re: How does digital photography change cameras and photography?

Subject: [OM] Re: How does digital photography change cameras and photography?
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:23:52 -0400
This is very much the logic expressed by my former manager (Kevin).

He didn't get seriously involved with photography until about four
years ago.  His brother-in-law (Tom) had built up a very successful
part-time business shooting weddings and portraits (on film) and
needed a partner who was digi-savvy.  Kevin was messing about with a
cheap digi-P&S to make pix of his baby and got drafted.  Kevin learned
photography from Tom, learned Photoshop from everywhere and last I
checked the two of them were so successful that they raised their
prices significantly so they wouldn't have to turn so many clients
away.  Last season one paid them to shoot a wedding on Mackinac Island
over a three day weekend.

Kevin will tell anyone that his rapid progress as a photographer is
directly attributable to the instant feedback digital provides.

Makes sense to me.  We used to use Polaroids in classes so people
could see results quickly and 'get' the lesson immediately.

ScottGee1