[OM] Re: invalid comparisons

Subject: [OM] Re: invalid comparisons
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 07:13:29 -0400
This subject has always been a bit of a quandary for me, i.e., lenses
that *can* do something, but *cannot* do it well.  Close focus is a
good example.  A lot of zooms boast "macro" focusing, but produce poor
results even when stopped down.  This seems most prevalent in those
that use a tube extension arrangement for "macro".

Of course, for a lot of companies, it's all about marketing, not quality . . .

ScottGee1