[OM] resolving power and medium format lenses

Subject: [OM] resolving power and medium format lenses
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 21:08:31 +0200
Perhaps I shouldn't have because it has got me confused, but is the
quality of medium format lenses bette than 35mm, I mean if the resulting
image from a medium format is better than 35mm do the lenses resolv more.

I bought a second hand bronica  etrsi about 12 years ago and have only
put 3 rolls of film in it, partly because I lost the manual and didn't
now how to use it and partly because of time, anyway I used it for the
recent car pictures and spurred on I have just loaded another film into
and handed it to my wife who promply declared its 3d, so I looked again
and sure enough it does have a more 3d look to it, then I looked at the
lens and the rear element doesn't look that much larger than some of my
zuikos, so then I started wondering about resolution.

i.e. if as discussed before we are reaching the limits at 35mm why do
they sell more 22 megapixel backs for medium format.

IanW