[OM] Re: The plan emerges

Subject: [OM] Re: The plan emerges
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 00:49:04 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:
> OK, OK. Since the bruises have finally healed, I suppose I can
> tell the story.
>
> We wanted to rent a boat.....
I seem to recall saying something about trouble with water...
Now to the next thing:

Option one:  47 55 32 N 113 31 28 W (summer), Flathead River, MT
- Looks interesting

Option two:  46 48 35 N 89 44 58 W  (fall), Lake of the Clouds, MI
- Fall color and ??

Option three:  44 45 01 N 85 37 15 W (spring), Traverse City, MI
- The right co-ordinates? What's here?

Option four:  35 35 79 N 83 28 50 W (spring), Collins Gap, TN
- I assume 79" is really some other value less than 60. Pretty country.
What's Spring got here, wildflowers? Fall would be lovely, I'm sure.

Option five:  53 16 10 N 9 27 37 W (spring/summer),  Inveran, Ireland
- Intriguing.

Option six:  29 52 19 N 98 12 00 W (spring), Canyon Lake Texas
- I'll need more than the view in Google Earth to explain this one. :-)

Option seven: 37 00 58 N 109 02 40 W (winter/spring),  Four Corners
- A place I'd love to go.

Also I'm considering a repeat of Isle Royale but in June.
- Do you provide the anti aircraft weapons and the heavy iron stakes and
chains so nobody gets carried off by air?

The idea of a photo gathering with other list members is quite
appealing. On the other hand, the appeal of roughing it has declined as
I've grown older. Something like car camping is about as far as I'm
interested in going these days, and that with some reluctance. The
likelihood of my hiking more than the photogenic limit of 500 yds to
pitch my tent is pretty low.

I liked the kind of trip Ian photographed so beautifully where some
camped and others stayed in the pub. Another consideration in the same
vein for me is that the most interesting possible locales are places I
probably wouldn't visit without Carol Anne. So I would need a place for
her to stay where she can enjoy herself while we play and then join me
for further travel in the area or it would have to be a place easy
enough of access that she could join me somewhere nearby after the list
gathering.

Since I understand you would like such trips to be a commercial venture,
I thought I'd give you my thoughts about what would make them attractive
to me.

Moose