[OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants (SHORTER)

Subject: [OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants (SHORTER)
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 16:28:43 -0500
khen lim wrote:

> I'm not going to continue posting. Just not possible to get anyone to chill
> out and stop heckling the company. There's just no point. You want your
> points to be THE standing issues. Everyone's armed with machetes. I can't
> get my points out. No one listens. No one asks themselves if they might be a
> tad too strong in their criticisms. Everyone's an expert. Everyone knows
> better than Olympus.

You're not married, are you? :-)

Your choice. I'm for leaving this one alone. Time will tell which
one of us is right.

> I've made myself a promise. I'm surrendering. But I'll do you a favour. I
> will forward your mail out to Shinju-ku. Let them know who you are and what
> you've said. That's the best I can do. And I'm sure you should be happy with
> this. At least they know who you are and how acerbic your comments are.

I appreciate that very much. Thank you. Perhaps Olympus needs to be
made aware of the power of perception. Perhaps they need to be
reminded that businesses do not succeed when they ignore the needs
of their customers. Charm gets one only so far.

> I'm only here to try my best to help you guys to see as best as possible.
> But that hasn't worked. Please do not respond to this. I'm not going to
> answer anymore. Talk about something else.

Fine. Like I said, I want to see Olympus succeed. That does _not_
mean they're infallible. That does not mean they don't make
mistakes. Criticism does not mean I'm totally against anything Oly
wants to do. As several of us have stated, if we truly didn't care,
we'd just disappear and spend our money elsewhere.

> Maybe venting your spleen at GM and Ford might be the next best idea.

Heh. I've already told them how I feel: I haven't bought one of
their products in about 11 years, after _their_ reality proved
different from the story.

We're done. Next topic?

Steve