[OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants (LONG)

Subject: [OM] Re: Bad attitudes and Olympus Rants (LONG)
From: Stephen Walker <stephenpwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 10:16:13 -0500 (CDT)
Winsor wrote: "So what was Olympus doing from 1987 till 2002 besides the
35-80/2.8?"

If I remember correctly, during that time Olympus was selling boatloads of the
best compact 35mm cameras on the market.  Probably making more profit on
cameras than Nikon, Pentax, Minolta, and maybe even Canon.

I think people forget that regardless of their personal interests, 35mm SLRs
fell out of favor with most consumers with the advent of high quality 35mm P&S
cameras such as the Olympus Stylus.   Maybe not betting the company on
developing a 35mm AF SLR system actually saved Olympus.

Just my opinion, of course.