[OM] Re: Flash with E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Flash with E-1
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:57:36 +0100 (BST)
charles,
       I am a recent convert to the E1 and am still getting used to the
potential of it.
    I bought the Metz as it was slightly cheaper in the UK than the
Olympus fl 30..with a much higher paper spec. UK cost £130 /$230
approx.
Build quality is good, although the plastic case flexes slightly when
pressed hard. Using it, complete with four batteries, on an E1 with
auxillary grip/battery pack makes it a heavy beast!
  Still getting used to all the features of the flash. (On my 4Ti I set
 flash to TTL and forgot about it!)
 The Metz Does TTL and fill in flash well, I am STILL working out the
other modes!!
  Minor gripes...No pouch / case, Sliding on / off switch could be
raised slighty to make it easier to operate.
  Acid test..would I go down the same route again..Yes.
  Of course it depends on US pricing.
  Robert White in the UK could probably supply and ship you a flash BUT
I do not know how economical it would work out for you.
 Really you need a US supplier to make this economical.
   Hope this helps. If I can be of any help please let me know.
    Regards, John Duggan. Wales UK.

--- Geilfuss Charles <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> John,
>       How do you like the Metz? I'm interested in one but it doesn't
> seem to be available on this side of the pond. I e-mailed Metz about
> availability and they referred me to Bogen Imaging in NJ. I e-mailed
> them last week but have received no reply.
>
> Charlie

Regards
  John Duggan,
     Wales, UK

Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" ? The
Wall Street Journal
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html