[OM] Re: B&W chemistry and septic systems?

Subject: [OM] Re: B&W chemistry and septic systems?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:51:36 -0400
In the late 70's and early 80's I had a house with septic system and 160
foot deep well and my darkroom chemicals simply went into the septic
tank.  Guess I was environmetally naive at the time but I really didn't
do much processing at home.  Never had any kind of problem that I was
aware of.  I lived there over a 10 year period but the darkroom was
probably only ever used during the first 5 years and then not very much.

To the best of my knowledge the well was 160 feet deep through stone.
After all, we lived in Woodstock, NY (yes, that Woodstock).  Alf Evers,
the local town historian used to say:  "You'll know when you get to
Woodstock when you reach the place that has two stones for every dirt."

Chuck Norcutt