[OM] Re: [OT] Early fall color at Horn Pond

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Early fall color at Horn Pond
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 15:33:32 -0400
You're very right.  Most of these shots would have been extremely
difficult with the 5D, macro lens and tripod.  I was walking a path that
was so narrow, disused and constricted with foliage that it would have
been difficult to set up a pod or to see through the viewfinder once the
camera was mounted.  I was several times ensconced in thorny bushes and
had to carefully disentangle myself.  I have a lot more of these shots
and a few of them wouldn't even have been possible without auto focus
and probably the anti-shake.  They were grab shots taken by pointing the
camera up toward the sky and under the foliage from about knee level.
Even with the articulating real-time view screen on the A1 I couldn't
see precisely what I was actually shooting.

Chuck Norcutt