[OM] Re: OT Computer monitor question

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Computer monitor question
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 20:45:52 -0700
I just bought this monitor
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001226> and it
seems perfectly acceptable. Decent quality at a good price. 800:1
contrast  ratio, 1600 x 1200 resolution, fairly quick redraw time. I
notice that the screen isn't illuminated evenly with a slight darkening
at the top. This is partly do to the fact that with a larger screen size
one is looking at the corners at a more oblique angle. So far after
nearly a month of use I'd give it a solid 'B' rating. I'm using two PNY
(nVidia 6600) cards with 256mb ea. PCI-E x16. Right now I've just
connected the video cards but I can run another monitor easily in the
future with a quick BIOS change. Two thumbs up for PNY tech support. No
wait and knowledgeable service. The cards were inexpensive too. However
the nVidia driver needs some work yet. I wouldn't get a new AGP card now
unless you plan on keeping your old motherboard for a while. I haven't
calibrated this monitor yet but will get around to it soon. This setting
up a new computer and migrating all my apps and data is a real time
consuming process. Now I remember why I haven't done it for more than
five years.

Mike