[OM] fake CF memory cards

Subject: [OM] fake CF memory cards
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:24:42 -0400
Sometimes I really wonder where my head is at.  I remember reading about
fake CF cards being sold on eB*y a while back though that didn't stop me
from bidding on a SanD*sk 1GB Ultra card a few days ago.  I checked the
seller's feedback initially though as I discovered yesterday, I didn't
check back far enough.  Two previous buyers complained of fake cards
that were verified by SanD*sk.  Oops!  No big loss as I paid only $25
though I will probably file a bank dispute with my credit card if I
receive a fake card.  I wanted some additional storage for my E-1 as we
are going on a short vacation to the Cape in October and I didn't want
to drag the laptop along.  The seller on eB*y was called infofashions
though they have a web presence of fookstore.com which I discovered from
an email they sent me.  I have a feeling I've been fooked. :)

Richard L