[OM] dust on sensor

Subject: [OM] dust on sensor
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:14:31 -0400
I did a test yesterday to check to see if there was any dust on my E-1
sensor.  I was feeling so good yesterday that I guess I just needed some
aggravation to get back to reality. :) I pointed the camera at a light
colored wall that was evenly lit, focused at infinity, stopped down to
f22 and took the shot.  Upon examination of the image I found 4 small,
round, gray smudges.  In Photoshop using the outside rulers I was able
to get a very accurate location of each within a "x y" pixel grid.  The
good news is that when I checked out an image taken that morning shot at
f18 I couldn't locate those smudges within the image at the designated
points... and all those points were located in a brightly lit area of
the sky.  Even though I tried very hard, I couldn't satisfy my need for
a bit of aggravation. :) Anyhow, I'm not going to rush out to purchase a
cleaning kit or send the camera in for servicing.

Richard L