[OM] Re: E-400 many pics and preview

Subject: [OM] Re: E-400 many pics and preview
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 04:50:30 -0500
Christos Stavrou wrote:

> According to the editor of the article there ''Olympus seem to focus
> more on the compact camera user that wants to take the step to a DSLR,
> but is reluctant to miss out on the user convenience of a compact and
> light-weight digital camera''.Is it really so?

I think the reviewer makes a point, although he is a little clumsy
about it. It might have sounded more positive (to us) if he said,
"With the E-400, Olympus seem to be focusing more on the compact
camera user that [sic] wants to take the step to a DSLR but does not
want to give up compactness and light weight."

The E-400 seems to fill this niche quite well (at least on paper).
And since Olympus cannot "out-Canyon" Canyon or "out-Nykon" Nykon,
finding such a niche seems appropriate to me. Especially since it
worked out so well with the OM System.

If I did not already have an E-1, this likely would have been the
camera that moved me to digital.

Steve