[OM] Home Run

Subject: [OM] Home Run
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 07:04:50 -0700 (PDT)
I don't like to go off on a tangent about another camera brand,
but this is a glorious day for the Red-Badge-Brigade.

Provided that the IQ and general performance is "there", the new
M8 is the cat's meow of new digital cameras.  1.33x is
livable--it's close enough for gov'ment work.

I have absolutely no doubt that they will sell beyond well and
will meet and exceed every imaginable sales projection Leica
could calculate.  No, it won't make a dent in Canon sales, but
will definitely make a major impact in the "second camera"
category.  Every photographer ever drawn in by the Leica allure
will get one.

The M8 is a perfect example of how not to screw up a camera
design.

Well done, Leica.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com