[OM] Re: And Now For Something Similar - Images of California

Subject: [OM] Re: And Now For Something Similar - Images of California
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 23:39:15 -0400
At 10:47 PM 9/14/2006, Moose wrote:

>I posted two of these a little while ago
><http://galleries.moosemystic.net//Yosemite2ip/Foothiills/>.
>
>OM-4, Portra 160NC, all Tamron SP 35-105/2.8 except perhaps one with
>Tamron SP 60-300.
>
>I didn't post the other three mostly because I was thinking I might get

[snip]

>So there are at least the two of us who agree that this special color
>palette of fresh, new green grass with warm, late afternoon light and
>the sharp, almost incised feeling of detail in the trees and shadows is
>a pretty accurate version of the natural world.

Well, I also find the colors and contrast to be pleasing, most
especially in numbers 1, 2, & 4.  And, they don't look over sharpened
to me.  But, numbers 3 & 5, at least on my monitor, are too dark for
my tastes - especially the last one.  Of course, I can't speak for
how accurately they represent the scenes.  It looks a lot like Velvia
to me, which is my favorite film.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson