[OM] Re: OM-32 flash question

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-32 flash question
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:52:11 -0700 (PDT)
No the BG2 does not boost GN since the capacitor is always charged to same
330V,  whatever the
source used. There is one practical exception: since the flash is fully charged
a bit sooner on
the BG2 ,especially after a number of flashes when using alkalines in T32, the
GN will be higher
than the reduced value you get when cap has not reached completely fully
charged.  Remember, when
the flash ready light first shows, it still takes quite a bit longer for the
cap to reach final
charge voltage, so the GN is significantly lower than rated value for a while
just after flash
ready light comes on. The BG2 is likely better to get that last bit in and so
boost GN a little in
practical use, especially true if you have batteries in both t32 and BG2
simultaneously.

Tim Hughes