[OM] Re: (OT) Hitchhikers

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT) Hitchhikers
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 22:50:40 -0400
Ooooohhh!  Gross!  Yes, these are very bad for the tomato worm's health
(he, he)  I quote from the following source...
<http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/43919/tomato_worms.html>

"When a tomato worm is spotted, be sure to check it for tiny rice-like
eggs attached to its back. These eggs are from braconid wasps. These
wasp eggs are a tomato worm parasite. If a tomato worm has these eggs
attached to it, it should be left on the plant so that the wasps can
complete their life cycle. They will go on to protect other tomato
plants from these tomato worms by laying more eggs. Eventually a tomato
worm that has broconid wasp eggs attached to it will be consumed and die."

ps:  Nice, um, uh, excellent photographs.

Chuck Norcutt