[OM] Re: [OT] The Do's and Don'ts of apostrophe placement

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] The Do's and Don'ts of apostrophe placement
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 01:43:12 +0800
not talking about grammar though, Chris. If you set Word to the right
language set, you'll find that more often than not, the spelling accuracy is
pretty good. Microsoft uses an online dictionary that it licenses from The
American Heritage Dictionary, which is owned by Houghton Mifflin Company.
i'm not in love with Microsoft or its products but I've been using Word for
years and i find that it actually isn't a bad program. Spellcheck is pretty
accurate.

And by the way, "Ken" is spelt "Khen"...... :)

K.

On 07/09/06, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry, Ken, but MS W*rd is not worth using as an authority on
> anything to do with decent English, especially if you have the wrong
> region set.  The sort of grammar checker that asks how many words to
> allow in splitting an infinitive must surely be wrong ;-)
>
> Chris
> On 6 Sep 2006, at 12:10, khen lim wrote:
>
> > Jez
> > Type all sorts of variations in Microsoft Word and see what Spell
> > Check
> > picks and doesn't pick up....
> >
> > K.

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com