[OM] Re: Published!

Subject: [OM] Re: Published!
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 00:03:27 +0800
Hey guys...
I'm not going to get into this and say who's right and who's wrong. Just
cooling it would be nice for all.
I'm kinda new at this List and I was made to feel very welcome. Coming from
another Olympus-based forum where we get amazingly bad behaviour spilling
over and angering people when it shouldn't, I'm surprised to see this here
so soon. I was hoping that my honeymoon won't be over.
Please help me out here. Let's have peace and both of you, try not to get on
each other's nerves. It would be nice.
I hope I've not offended anyone here. I'm just proposing peace for all.

K.

On 03/09/06, Christos Stavrou <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear Garth,
>
> Please save me the lecture and deal with what I actually say..
> Otherwise I'm not interested in more labelling attacks of
> 'philosophical manipulations' and other nonsense of  "intellectually
> masturbatory circle-jerks" which aim to suffocate my opinions because
> don't like or fear them.
>
> Did you notice that I call for more critical and more rounded
> approaches, and never pushed anyone to accept one or another 'right'
> position?.. I don't believe in 'correct' positions. I offer
> counter-arguments and rather ask you all here to accept the obvious:
> That there are different options to the commonsensical
> (anti-scientific), western (americanised), and middle-class
> (conservative) logic/practice which dominates this list.
>
> But because there is a majority of well-expressed people here who all
> wear the same glasses, (and obviously come from the same culture -did
> you notice that too?.. though you additionally seem to know that
> Chomsky  'befouls'(!!??) the academia, hmm.. ), it does not mean we
> all don't need some fresh air...
>
> I said it before: We all learn (including me) by re-examining our
> assumptions and this is my aim... And of course, if you still like,
> you are all welcome to reproduce ahistorical views and take for
> granted all kind of partial 'truths' that suit your logic and
> comfort.. to mention some recent: about 'mother nature', about
> terrorists who only come from the islamic east, about helping
> christianity, about 'statistics' which 'prove' the need of guns.. etc
> etc...
>
> I hardly care in the end of the day...  Do whatever you want, I can
> just delete the emails.
> So.. I have no intention to start any war and I really like being
> around, especially the humor and knowledge of some people is
> amazing!.. But I also like diversity and real intelligent dialogue.
> Thank you.
>
> C.S.

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx