[OM] World Tour

Subject: [OM] World Tour
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 19:08:21 +0100 (BST)
Whre are the Olympus 2 world Tour" cameras? Returned from the USA last
weekend..and have been trying to catch up ever since.
Got caught up with the trans - Atlantic airline problems......But true
to their word Northwest said I would have no problems with my camera
bag..and I didn't. Northwest cabin crew strike was "stopped" on our day
of departure.
Picked up my E-1 supplied by Cameta..First impressions are really
good!...am I too easily pleased?
The supplied battery pack / handgrip really makes a difference to the
handling, and the 14 / 54mm lens really does the business. The camera
will NOT replace my 35mm equipment but it is a superb "visual
notebook".
  Two minor problems / irritations....Whilst in the States there were
times when I could have done with a built in "fill in " flash. Will
save up for a proper flashgun but fill in would have been useful.
  Also I changed the lenscap for a Tamron model. Trying to fit the
standard lenscap on without reversing lenshood was a nightmare...trying
to remove it was even worse.
  This led to a near tragedy. Went into local Shewmakers camera
store..owner got a named 67mm cap out of package and tried to fit
it...no matter how he tried he could NOT get it to stay on. I looked
and the centre of the cap..which projected out had grounded on the
front lens element  :-(
careful cleaning with microfibre cloth , and looking at element under
magnifying glass showed that I had been very lucky..Too close for
comfort!... The Tamron cap I later bought did not project and gave me a
safe clearance.
 Now I really need to get to grips with the camera..learn how to use it
properly..not justusing "P" and "A" !  A partially converted Luddite.
  (Rather Like Donald! )

Regards
  John Duggan,
     Wales, UK

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease
of use." - PC Magazine
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html