[OM] Re: Welcome to all newbies

Subject: [OM] Re: Welcome to all newbies
From: Rand E <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:30:34 -0400
   Hi, I am a continuous list member going back to the R. Lee Hawkins
days when the list server was down in Georgia.  I spend most of my time
lurking but enter in once in a while.
   As to the question below, I seem to remember that Olympus objected to
one/all of our member's sites that we could download user's manuals from.
   Another former list member from this area and I had several face
meetings.  This was Tomoko Yamamoto.  She has since dropped away and is
involved in other areas of photography.  I haven't talked to her in
about 4 years.

Rand E.

 >>> Secondly does Olympus CONSCIOUSLY know about this List? During my time
 >>> with
 >>> Olympus, I confess I have never heard of this List at all!
 >

 > I have no idea.  Even if they did, some of us seriously doubt that
Olympus actually cares.  I seem to recall on more than one occasion that
e-mails and/or letters were sent to various parties within the Olympus
organization for various reasons, always with info about the List
attached.  All that ever seemed to come back were form letters (or their
e-mail equivalents).  From this most of us have concluded that Olympus
Imaging Corp. makes great cameras but doesn't give a rat's ass about
their users/customers.