[OM] Re: Next E-x?

Subject: [OM] Re: Next E-x?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hans.van.veluwen@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 01:00:48 +0200
What puzzles me most in this digital 2.2 Mpix OM-5 back is the timeline:

- Maitani retired from Olympus in 1993.
- The first digital cameras from Olympus (Camedia C-400/C-800) were
introduced in 1996 and their maximum resolution was only 810.000 pixels
(1024x768).
- The 2 Mpix frontier was reached in 1999 with the C-2500L.

How on earth could Olympus have its hands on a working 2 Mpix sensor
before 1993 and market it more than 6 years later?

Hans

: Me too. Maitani had a working prototype and if memory serves me
correctly,
: the DB was weighing in at around 2.2Mpix at that time. Plenty then,
paltry
: now of course.