[OM] Re: 4/3 System

Subject: [OM] Re: 4/3 System
From: Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:27:13 -0500
Can someone clarify the frame proportion in the 4/3 System?  Does that
designation mean it's 4:3?  I like the 2:3 ratio of 35mm film rather than
the supposed ideal format shape of 6x7, etc. so 4:3 would be too much a
square for me.

I loved the OM system for its size and functionality (no need to turn the
camera on to take a picture).  I did a motorcycle trip through Britain and
couldn't have carried the equivalent gear in Nikon or Canon as easily - two
bodies, 21mm, 50mm, 100mm, and 300mm.  I do wish all the models had diopter
adjustment.  My OM-4 electronics died and I have to wear a special pair of
glasses now to see clearly through the OM-1, 2 and 2S, with my aging eyes.

Alan