[OM] Re: Why the OM-2S is my favorite

Subject: [OM] Re: Why the OM-2S is my favorite
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:30:58 -0400
I second you Alan.  My camera before moving to an OM-1 was also a
Miranda G (with the T finder).  The very hardest thing to give up was
that removable finder and a *real* ground glass focusing screen.  I
still miss it 30 years later.  If the Nikon F had been a little cheaper
I'd have never moved to the OM-1 and it would have been all about
removable finders.  And yes, the vari-magni is a very poor substitute.

Of course, I'd have missed all the other wonderful features of OM's. But
what I hear fron Khen is probably the engineer's desire to make a more
"robust" system which is less subject to external contamination.
Unfortunately, that doesn't fit with my preferred usage of the camera.

Chuck Norcutt