[OM] Re: Focus problem

Subject: [OM] Re: Focus problem
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:01:02 -0400
The little tab (on some models with spring sticking out) that the mirror
rests on is the only thing that determines mirror angle.  Tab can bend
quite easily, as when a camera is impacted just the right way. Or
someone puts finger on edge of mirror and pushes down.  Then all focus
would be off all the time (mostly good in finder, bad on film, infinity
way out). I've also seen a few bodies where the screw that secures the
mirror angle tab was loose.

John
Camtech