[OM] Re: Invasion of the Monarchs

Subject: [OM] Re: Invasion of the Monarchs
From: "Paul Martinez" <pdmphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 22:13:59 -0700
Very nice Mike! I wish I had such photographic (and willing) visitors. Good
to see you making good use of the Vivitar macro lens. It's showing all it's
good points in those shots. Great sharpness, beautiful color and bokeh.

As much as I love mine, I came across a near new 100/2.8 Vivitar macro (the
Kiron one) - and had to buy it. I've been testing it the last couple days
against the Vivitar Series1 90/2.5. It's very close, but the 90/2.5 is
better for 1:1 macro. Now I have a hard to find, near new, and excellent
performing Vivitar (Kiron) 100/2.8 Macro I need to sell. It's a better
performing lens at normal distances (doesn't have the poor contrat/ghosting
issue), does 1:1 without an adapter, and has a built-in hood. This lens is
as great as it's reputation. Even at 1:1 the difference in quality between
it and the 90/2.5 is very minimal. I shot both under varied conditions with
my SLR/c and pixel peep'd at 100 and 200% to see the small differences. I
guess I'm just a fool for the old beast of a macro.

Paul