[OM] Re: OT car crashes & terrorism WAS Re: [OT] Flying with digital cam

Subject: [OM] Re: OT car crashes & terrorism WAS Re: [OT] Flying with digital cameras
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:30:58 -0700 (PDT)
> But the research says that hands free isn't any different.

But the research also says that most of the accidents happened
20 minutes AFTER the phone call. Also, accidents happen when
communicating with passengers.  Oh, well.  Just another vice to
be squashed by those who don't practice it.

This is a lot like coffee. Research says it's bad for you,
research says it's good for you.

What fries my goat these days is cruise-control in semi-trucks.
Here on I-80 it takes a truck 15 miles to pass another on the
Interstate.  The fleet trucks have guv'ners to limit speed too.
Well, the interstate speed is 70 and the guv'ners are sometimes
limited to 65.  Two trucks side-by-side, mile after mile...  My
Owdy doesn't even run right below 70.  Truck-driver rudeness has
gone up substantially in the past three months with the
fuel-price hike.  Honestly it wasn't as bad
before--occasionally, but not like every day.

Olympus content:  I photographed a fleet truck a couple of weeks
ago that was holding up traffic and sent the photograph and the
date/time/location to the company.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com