[OM] Re: OT car crashes & terrorism WAS Re: [OT] Flying with digital cam

Subject: [OM] Re: OT car crashes & terrorism WAS Re: [OT] Flying with digital cameras
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:52:21 -0700
A very dear friend of mine (retired fire department battalion chief for
city of Kirkland, WA) is in Harbor View intensive care from a motorcycle
accident of about two and a half weeks ago.  20-25 mph on a nasty curve
up near Mt. Baker.  The curve was marked 25 MPH, but I believe I heard a
family member say there have been 93 accidents at or near the same exact
point in the past year alone.

Still not certain he's going to make it.  Just a couple years older than
me.

Sort of quells any fleeting thoughts I may have about doing any
motorized two wheeling.

Doesn't even account for the other situations involving people just not
seeing motorcyclists etc.

Those of you inclined to might say a prayer for Gary out here in
Seattle.

The highway carnage has dropped since the early 90's but was still
43,200 for 2005.  T

immediately.