[OM] Re: [OT] Trans-shipping personal goods including cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Trans-shipping personal goods including cameras
From: Martin Flink <mgflink@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:41:29 -0700
I agree with Chuck regarding Jet Blue, but for another reason.
Recently due to a death in the family we had to fly from Santa Ana CA
to Salt Lake City UT.  American Airlines was going to charge us
(called Wed) for a morning flight on Fri returning home Sun the fare
for my wife and myself flying coach was quoted at $5,504.40 and that
was by way of Dallas TX.  Delta was a better at $1660.  I called Jet
Blue and leaving from Long Beach (a little airport in a time warp
from the 1930's through the 1950's) we had a pleasant direct flight
not only with the leather seats Chuck mentioned, but with multiple
channel direct programing in each seat  for both-- get this $564.

Unfortunately we booked a flight with United coming up Aug 21st with
a change of plane to fly to Boston when we could have had a direct
flight from Long Beach to Boston  for $200 less with Jet Blue before
I knew about it.  I recently got a E500 that I was looking forward to
using in New Hampshire and NE, but considering that even though I
might get there without a problem coming back may pose additional risk.

Martin