[OM] Re: OK, I'll try this again.... need buying advice for FL50

Subject: [OM] Re: OK, I'll try this again.... need buying advice for FL50
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 18:41:59 -0700
The FL-50 is very nice. I seem to always use it in manual mode though. The
adjustability is great.

A long time ago someone found that the C*non shoe cable would work with the
FL50 and the C*non cable was claimed to be cheaper and to hold up better. My
Olympus cable had a momentary failure recently after about 2 years. The foot
fell off. The lock-tite Olympus used (or maybe didn't use) wasn't good
enough to keep the screw holding the foot from loosening. After ten minutes
with a screw driver and some nail polish it was fixed and will probably last
as long as the camera. I vaguely remember seeing something about the C*non
cable having at least one more wire. If that is the case, there would be an
advantage in getting the C*non cable since it would work with both brands
and presumably some function would be lost if the Olympus cable were used
with a C*non.

Good luck,
-jeff

From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>