[OM] SHLD-2 pricing, and do I really need one...

Subject: [OM] SHLD-2 pricing, and do I really need one...
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 12:11:07 -0500
Hmmmmm....

While new vendors are still selling it for $500 (!!!????!!!), looks like
Cameta is selling 'em on *bay all day long for $100 +/- $5.

I was hoping for a little less, like closer to $80, but looks like $100
is the going market. Any secret inside tips on dealers selling for less?

I'm torn - on one hand, the extra battery power is nice, and the ability
to do continuous AF is also nice when I shoot a race.  But then again,
there's always the MF "zone focus" concept for cars on the track, in
which case I don't need the extra horsepower.

I shoot maybe three races a year. Just started getting paid to do so by
one team.

What's the overall opinion here about the usefulness of the SHLD-2?
--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon